Thursday 3 November 2011

Picky eating: Graze Box


For the past couple of weeks I’ve been trying to up my game when it comes to eating healthily. I’m not the sort of girl who can push a salad around my plate then claim I’m full; I need three square meals a day, plus snacks. It’s the snacks that are often my downfall, especially at work when the vending machine is calling.
So when a colleague of mine started getting Graze boxes delivered to work I was intrigued. Turns out this company will send you boxes of four healthy snacks – including nuts and seeds, dried fruits, crackers, breads, olives, dips and even a bit of chocolate. You can have the boxes delivered as often or as little as you like and you can go online to rate the snacks they send, so if you get dried apricots through the post (blergh) then you can bin them to ensure they never darken your door again.


I have to say I have been enjoying them and the free time I get from no longer having to plan snacks to take to work with me. The boxes are a bit expensive (£3.49 for four tubs, free delivery) but when you think of the cost of a bag of nuts or fruit in the supermarket it doesn’t seem that bad and they do get bonus points for making things more convenient for me. I’m a bit of a cheapskate so
It’s only been two weeks of my five week trial but so far my favourite has been a punnet of olives and one they call Jaffa Cake, which has four whole buttons of dark chocolate in amongst orange sultanas and hazelnuts. Each of the snacks I’ve had are less than 200 calories, although most are around the 120 calorie mark.
I’m going to keep up with my self-imposed trial and see how I go from there, but I’ve resisted the dreaded vending machine and feel better for eating less junk food.

1 comment:

  1. I was reading about these and was going to sign up for a free trial - before I realised the free trial was one of those catches where you have to sign up with your credit card details! They do sound good though I am a terrible snacker and this would make my life a lot easier. I will give them another look over.

    ReplyDelete