Sunday 6 November 2011

Crunchy brunchy: Rumblers oat clusters and yoghurt

It’s another foodie delight today as I’ve just discovered these handy little tubs. I have to eat breakfast but some mornings I just don’t feel like eating it straight away, yet that leaves me with no time to actually eat it until I get to work.
Then there's the second problem of having something portable to take to the office. I can’t really take cereal and milk, especially as my office milk police will hound anyone that uses the milk for anything other than splashing into a hot drink. 


Usually I’ll take a bagel but when I stumbled across the Rumblers on a trip to the supermarket I was happy to find something a little different to add to my breakfast repertoire. It was only a pound too.
Once you peel off the wrapper there are two compartments; one with granola style oaty mix (and a foldable spoon hidden away) and the other with a foil-topped tub of nice runny yoghurt.

I, for one, was glad of the runniness. I often read magazines that suggest I have a yogurt poured over cereal but, to be honest, you can’t really do that with normal pots of yoghurts. They just don’t make the cereal soggy enough. Well, you can breathe a sigh of relief that this does the job perfectly.
There were little curls of chocolate in too which some British folk may turn their noses up at, but as a fan of continental breakfasts I was very pleased. Luckily it’s just a small amount so I don’t think your blood sugar will be sky rocketing. It had a delicious vanilla flavour that tasted suitably fresh for the morning.

If I wanted to be picky I could quibble with the fold up spoon. I mean, the handle was covered in melted chocolate curls making the meal a bit messy, and it was also prone to folding itself back up, but they are only minor points. On taste I’d give it a nine out of ten.
The best, most important, thing? It kept me full until lunch time with no need for a sneaky snack. Yes I could hold on to one of the Graze box punnets for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment