Wednesday 5 October 2011

The one where I set out my stall

How many times have you bought a bit of make-up, a DVD, moisturiser, a book or even a tin of soup and found it’s, well, a bit rubbish?

If you’re anything like me it’s a few thousand times. And when you’ve found something that is amazing and that you loved, or experienced some great customer service, have you wanted to sing it from the rooftops? Me too.

That’s the thinking behind my scribblings here.

I have to admit that even though I’ve got a little bit of a background in marketing sometimes all my cynicism goes out of the window. A mascara that will give me the doe eyed of Cheryl Cole you say? Let me at it. A hairspray that turns my fine and feeble tresses into a lustrous, full volume, glossy mane. Where do I sign up?

Every purchase I make could be the one. The one to change me into the ‘me’ I want to be. That’s what those marketing bods want and I fall for it every time. It inevitably leads to disappointment when the scales fall from my eyes and I realise it’s just another bit of stuff to clutter up my house.

But no more – I can’t promise I won’t buy anymore goodies, but I will promise I will make a note of what I’ve bought and, more importantly, whether I thought it was any good.

Everything featured will be stuff I’ve bought and will not be purchased specifically for the blog. If for some reason a company decides to send me something then I will tell you and review it fairly and objectively.

I’m not here to put people off, just give my honest opinion, as I know everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you. Besides, the economy could do with the fiscal boost from our purses and who am I to argue? All I can hope for is that this blog saves me from my shopaholic side and if anyone else reads it then, frankly, that’s a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment