Tuesday 18 October 2011

Butter me up: Soap and Glory Righteous Butter


I’ve just got back from a staycation with lots of walking and the season has taken a lurch towards winter. It can only mean one thing – horrible, flaky skin.

My nose was first to start the trend but as a sufferer of dry skin my legs, and particularly my shins, weren’t far behind. So it was a relief to know I still had my Soap and Glory Righteous Butter to hand.




This body butter was actually part of a gift set I got for Christmas and it’s still going strong. It’s made with shea butter and is so rich and moisturising that a little goes a long way. It leaves my skin feeling really smooth. If I’ve been particularly neglectful of my feet then they tend to go hard and manky, but this sorts them out.

My thirsty shins tend to lap it up so it sinks in quite quickly and doesn’t sit on the skin or make you feel clammy, soothes my skin and the smell is pretty delicious too. I adore putting it on after a nice long soak in the bath as it makes me feel thoroughly pampered (I hate the word pampered but it’s the only word to use for such an occasion).

It’s only available in Boots and is classed as luxury bathing, but the prices are very reasonable, especially when you consider you can use it all over. I’ve even used it on my lips in place of lip salve and, to be honest, it’s probably better than lip salve.



On the more frivolous side of things the packaging is fantastic with kitsch vintage images and a humorous tone, plus I love how all the products in the range have witty names.

I can’t really complain at all about this product at all except maybe the packaging doesn’t have to be quite so pink. But if that’s all I can quibble on then it’s pretty safe to say it’s a winner. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment