Thursday 17 May 2012

Stick ‘em up: Original Stickems


Don’t you just hate those fingerprint marks all over your touchscreen phone, your Kindle, you iPod?


I get unusually wound up by them if I’m honest and it actually put me off getting a smartphone for a while. Pathetic I know.

My colleague went to the Gadget Show in Birmingham last month and brought back a stash of these.



Stickems cling to the back of your device waiting for the time when you’re screen gets mucky. You just pull it off, give it a little wipe and then stick it back. Genius.




Well, it would be if they passed the handbag test. I’ve had a Stickem stuck to the back of my phone now for a month and it will no longer stick and even after a week it was more of a one-end-stuck, one-end-flapping-off’em. I’ve hardly stuck and unstuck it. If anything I’ve wiped the screen of my phone less than I normally would. Sigh.

They are quite cheap, ranging from £2.99 to £4.99 and you don’t have to have this boring design as there are hundreds – some of them very pretty – to choose from. Plus they did clean my screen really nicely. Maybe they're just not sturdy enough for a jam-packed handbag? I just expect too much?


No comments:

Post a Comment