Monday 9 April 2012

Once you pop…



Popcorn. It’s something I just never think of eating outside a cinema. 

Even in the cinema it’s not always my first choice; multiplex popcorn is hardly a culinary delight. I generally just have a fizzy drink and – if it’s available – some Ben and Jerry’s. Those options are much quieter for my fellow audience members and far more delicious.

Yet good old Marks and Spencer has gone a good way to changing my mind and making popcorn seem, well, indulgent. They have a healthy snack range with a cupboard full of treats that all come in at fewer than 100 or fewer than 150 calories. Among them is this:





Chocolate and pecan popcorn at just 130 calories. Yes, even with chocolate! I’ve got a real sweet tooth and this really hits the spot without making me feel guilty. And hey, it’s got to be better than a bag of crisps, right?

Now I’ll admit there doesn’t seem to be very much chocolate drizzled on the top and the pecan nuts are few and far between, but the rich toffee coating on each kernel is enough to pack in the flavour and make this humble cinema snack all the more luxurious.

There’s a strawberry and white chocolate version too but I’ve not sampled it as I’m not keen on freeze dried berries.

Of course, this being Marks and Spencer food, it is a little pricey. When I bought these they were around £2.50 for five bags and, to be honest, the bags aren’t that big but the goodies inside are so rich and decadent you probably won’t care!

It’s a yes from me provided I’m feeling rich.


No comments:

Post a Comment