Thursday 23 February 2012

BB Beautiful

I have to admit I’m not entirely sold on the current craze for BB creams. Maybe it’s because I haven’t tried one of the swanky ones but I have tried a market leader – Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector.



BB Creams, or blemish balms, have been slowly creeping onto the market with many high street brands now having their own version. They are billed as the dream product with primer, lightweight foundation, concealer, moisturiser, anti-inflammatory and UV protection in one. They are hugely popular in Asia and launched in the UK last summer, the perfect time to embrace the dewy, lightweight complexion they give you.

I have to say I do think the cream evens out a lot of problems with my skin tone and just makes me look more ‘glowy’. People have even complimented me saying how well I look. I think it must be down the light reflecting properties it gives your skin.



Apparently the colour comes from minerals so it doesn’t block your pores, but I wouldn’t say it improves the skin either. And if you have spots then you will need something with more coverage.

The Garnier cream is perfect for those days when your skin just won’t behave and your usual make-up doesn’t work, especially if the skin is dry. The colour doesn’t emphasise any dry patches and feels comfortable on your face. It’s also great for a weekend when you don’t want to mess about doing a whole face of make-up and just want to get out there!

I do feel better knowing it will moisturise my skin and protect it from UV, but I just feel a bit too, well, shiny. I know the idea is to avoid using a powder on top to keep the look modern and dewy, but I just can’t do it. I feel too greasy. I have compromised by just powdering the T-zone so it’s not too bad. 

Price wise Garnier’s Miracle Skin Perfector is at the lower end of the scale at around £9.99 for 50ml, but if you have an Asda nearby it is £7 for 50ml until February 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment