Friday 13 January 2012

Mascara woes – the search for the perfect lash lengthener



Apparently we should throw away our mascaras after three months because they become a breeding ground for bacteria. This suits me fine and, in fact, I sometimes find it hard to resist chucking my mascara in the bin way before the three month deadline rolls around.

That’s because I seem to be inexplicably drawn to duds when it comes to eye make-up. I long to find the one; the mascara that is easy to apply, doesn’t go clumpy yet magically makes my lashes long and thick, but unfortunately I’ve yet to find it.

I’ve nearly got there mind. I really like my current find - GOSH Amazing Length & Build mascara in black (I always get black, the magazines say I should get brown but brown just doesn’t look made up enough for me). 

It’s got quite a narrow brush that seems to catch most of the lumps before they find their way on to my lashes, goes on like a dream and lengthens the lashes. It’s only £5.99 and I’d probably buy it again, but the hope that there’s a better mascara out there for me keeps me from staying faithful.

The worst mascara I ever bought was Lancome Hypnose drama waterproof mascara. Now a lot of people love this product and it has rave reviews on the web but for me it was all wrong. It went clumpy and made my lashed take on the dreaded spider leg appearance, it felt sticky, it flaked little black bits all down my cheeks and – worst of all – it wasn’t waterproof. In fact it smudged just through sitting at my desk at work which, I assure you, is not situated under a waterfall or in the middle of a swimming pool.

But I have had good results from Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express and also from Marks and Spencer Perfection Full Volume Waterproof Mascara, but I think my search will continue.

What mascara do you use? Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment